Going on a road trip with your family can be a great way to discover new places, revisit old favorites and spend some quality time together as a family. But without careful planning and proper preparation, it can be a stressful and frustrating experience for everyone.
Below are some travel essentials that you need to make your family road trip fun and enjoyable:
· Maps. Before the actual trip, it is best if you study carefully the route that you are planning to take. Don’t forget to bring your map with you so that you have something to refer to especially when you have to look for another route or if you want to explore other areas that are not originally in your plan. A GPS is also very useful. If your car doesn’t come with its own GPS, you can buy a separate one for your vehicle. Make sure that you have checked the weather conditions as well.
· Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets. Children can get restless and they get easily bored especially if you are on the road for hours. A laptop or a handheld gaming device can keep them entertained. A mobile phone can be very handy especially during emergency situations. Make sure that you don’t forget to bring your phone charger with you. You can also bring a portable music player so that you can listen to your favorite music while you’re on the road.
· Snacks and beverages. Someone may suddenly get hungry and there may not be a food stall nearby. Besides, eating out can be very expensive and bringing your own food is practical and convenient.
· Toiletries and first aid kit. The public restroom that you see may not have all the essentials that you may need. You can bring tissues, paper towels and hand sanitizers. Don’t forget to bring your first aid kit so that you can easily treat cuts and bruises and medicines such as those for stomach aches and fever.
· Camera. Have you camera ready because you may come across sceneries that you don’t usually see. Take as many creative pictures as you want. These photos are a great way to document all the wonderful places and people that made your trip memorable.
· Other must haves. Wallets, IDs, cash and credit cards may be pretty basic stuff but they are sometimes overlooked especially when everyone is in a hurry and would want to get the road as soon as possible. Sunglasses and a tube of sunscreen lotion should also be on the list.
Planning your road trip carefully and making sure that you bring you all the travel essentials are some the things that can make your family road trips memorable and something that everyone will look forward to each time.
* This is a sponsored post for Goal Zero, however, all the points and views are my own.
Image courtesy of digitalart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net